Subject: [Harp-L] Pre SPAH blues blowoff - Who is going?

Chris:

In years past - when it was Jason Ricci's Pre-SPAH Harp Blow-Off, there was
 never a question of SPAH having any involvement in getting people TO the
venue.  Those who wanted to go figured it out by themselves--either we
arranged to pile  into the cars of those who had rentals (I could tell you
stories); we shared  cabs; people who lived in the host City drove groups or
individuals got  themselves there one way or t'other.

The main problem was for those who didn't have enough info beforehand
about the blow-off (you must realize there are a whole slew of folks who DON'T
read harp-l and who still wish to attend), so someone should print out 30-40
or  so map quests to and from the Hotel to B&B's. I've done this and handed
 them out or left them with the Hotel's front desk. No one 'assigned' me, I
just  did it, as did another attendee.

If you prepare a small sign to put on a table in the Lobby--specifying that
 the instructions to get to and from are there with the schedule, you
shouldn't have any further difficulties. Adding a list of the performers could
be a help for those on the fence along with the facts you've presented here:
 that there's a cover charge and, as in years past this is not a SPAH
sponsored event--so the charge is mandatory and extra. Getting a batch of
menus/brochures from B&B's to attach to the maps could be a plus as  well.

I've never yet known a blow-off not to be packed to the gills since Jason's
 name was such a draw. In his day they had to stagger the arrivals since
the  Clubs could only fit so many people before violating the Occupancy Codes.
People  waited outside, or some of us went later. It was all cool.

Elizabeth
PS: B&B's is a great club. I remember it fondly, videotaping from down  in
front. I do have some incredible footage.

PPS: I don't 'format' my posts, nor do I hit 'reply' to send them in to
Harp-l. I prepare them in my email windows as I would a letter and don't seem
to  run into those problems you mention, if that helps?

"Message: 9