ret: [Harp-L] Some Recent Video

George,

Apart from the fact that my fashion sense is seriously diverging from you guys in the the band -- and that I´m not very big on Christian music -- my impression of what you´re doing is very positive. I´m  bit preoccupied myself with the idea of backing with the harmonica. I think it´s interesting to study guys like Mickey Raphael in very concrete terms -- he´s been playing backing harp for, what, 40 years now ... -- which notes do they play, when do they not play etc -- and it seems as if you´re on that path as well?
 Perhaps, if I was to produce one objection it would be: there are times (e g on "How great thou art") that you could get the harp a bit higher in the mix, and play a bit less. Meaning, give some more force to the riffs you´re putting out and stay completely silent in the meantime: there´s a certain risk that they´re drowning you, or that you´re "flowing out" ... Not all the time, but some of the time. But I hear that you´re picking up what the keyboard is doing and that´s right on the money.
Cheers,
Martin

Hey Harpers....

I just uploaded some new video on my YouTube channel.  Check it out and
tell me what you think of my harp playing.  Any criticism to improve my
harp playing is welcome and appreciated.

1.) http://youtu.be/vITukqCtCvc
2.) http://youtu.be/5XMhMuxaWKw
3.) http://youtu.be/eMMX4XPXWng
4.) http://youtu.be/muLYuVcwPDQ