Subject: [Harp-L] "Drone-Blocking"

I've tried to listen but for some reason can't seem to get it to
play...likely my balky computer vis-a-vis sound cloud.  :(

Being Scots I'd love to hear it!

I'm  guessing that the player you heard (or saw on YouTube) doing  it
before was perhaps James Conway (who's very popular at SPAH and a great guy)?
Here's one of his brilliant versions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXuAvj8WE0E

Can someone please send me a better link to Charlie's Scotland the  Brave
medley?

Thanks!

Elizabeth

"Message: 12
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 03:44:07 -0700 (PDT)
From:  Charlie Barath <harpcharlie@xxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

Here is an  example of a technique that I call, for lack of a better term,
"drone-blocking".
I didn't invent or discover this technique, by any means. I  heard another
harp player do it a while ago and I ran w/ it. (though I will take  credit
for coining the phrase)
I must say I have enjoyed exploring its  potential. It's a real crowd
pleaser. Hope you like  it!

http://soundcloud.com/charlie-barath/danny-boy-scotland-the-brave