Re: [Harp-L] Seydel Session Steel

I can also say these are high quality and durable instruments.  I practice
1-4 hours per day, and have been since November.  As a
beginner-intermediate player, I am very hard on them both in terms of hours
played and overplaying them while learning techniques.  I don't overplay
them anymore, but of course when I was learning the draw/blow bends were
hard on the instrument.

I have MBs, Spec 20s, Harpmasters, and the Session.  The Session is my main
instrument (mostly because its the only powerdraw harp I own, and powerdraw
has won out as my tuning of choice).

I will say that the wider hole spacing, larger holes, and hole edge
chamfering on the Sessions and similar recessed reed designs do make for a
less responsive harp when playing faster licks.  They have a fuller, softer
mouth feel, but *none *of my harps can come close to the stock MB for
dexterity and razor sharp clean notes (and making my lips bleed)

I got my Session from Greg Jones.  He was a pleasure to work with and does
some nice powder coated covers, and will do any of the Seydel covers that
fit the Session guts.