[Harp-L] Updated Schedule for HarmoniCollege2 on April 19 & 20

It's all coming together nicely. I hope you can come. / Jim Rumbaugh

The Harmonica Club is holding HarmoniCollege2 on Friday April 19th and Saturday April 20th held at Heritage Farm in Huntington, WV. $50 covers all classes AND meals.

This is the updated schedule
==================================
Friday April 19
3pm Check in starts
6pm food and jamming
9pm Marvin and Mark Monroe 30-minute performance
9:30pm Jam until late
==================================
Saturday April 20
8am Breakfast

9am
Charlie Barath : Stay Calm And Improve Your Tone - A look at what makes good tone and how to improve that part of your playing.

Jim Rumbaugh : 6 types of vibrato: diaphragm, throat, tongue, jaw, lip, hand

10am
Charlie Barath : Richter Tuned Harmonica, The Way It Was Designed To Be Played - I'll demonstrate the intended use of the "blues harp" at its humble beginnings.

Marvin Monroe : The advantages of playing a COUNTRY TUNED harp in 2nd and 3rd position

11am
Charlie Barath : Mining The Wealth From Tongue-Blocking - We'll explore some of the extremely useful coloring techniques available with playing the tongue-blocking style

Danny G : Making backing tracks with Band In A Box

NOON : Lunch

1pm
Bob McGraw : Transitioning from Diatonic to Chromatic [While Keeping the Diatonic]

Jim Rumbaugh : The Lazy Man's into to 12th position

2pm
Bob McGraw : Giant Steps: Getting Started as a Jazz Player

Jim Rumbaugh : The Lazy Man's into to 5th position

3pm
Bob McGraw : How to Practice

Charlie Barath : Droning On About Tongue-Blocking - More TB tips, including the crowd-pleasing "bagpipe" trick.

4pm
Bob McGraw : Jamming Etiquette

Jim Rumbaugh : relation between major and minor positions, If you can play 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, you can play 4th, 5th, and 12th.

----- Sorry, but ALL CLASSES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE --------------

ALL DAY LONG
David Payne : Harmonica repairs

5pm: Dinner

7pm Jamming by the fire pit and in the cabins

To learn more about HarmoniCollege2, go to
www.hhcwv.com or http://hhcwv.com/harmonicollege.html
also
www.theharmonicaclub.com

Or
email Jim Rumbaugh at jrumbaug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Or
look on Facebook for The Huntington Harmonica Club