[Harp-L] Cracker Barrel Harp

I stopped at a Cracker Barrel resturaunt and having seen some posting here
picking them up (10$ at the one i stopped at in "c") I gave one a shot. It
is the leakiest thing i ever tried to blow on, worse than a chromatic 8
hole educator. So I took off the reed plates and saw the draw plate had
"burrs" or a raised point where they meet the comb.So-- flat sand burrs
down to flush and  reassembled while useing a cross patteren in tightening
screws ( kinda like torquing a head on an engine) now this is a hohner
blues band international made in china.It is slightly better now but not as
good as a sp 20 ootb.Not even close! That being said the reed plate screws
are of a smaller diameter and the covers and comb are virtualy identical to
an sp 20. As a former Machinest I observed the brass of the reed plates is
of a lower grade than their german cousins.Would sealing the comb to reed
plates help or are the lower grade plates the main drawback? If nothing can
be done I can at least give it to a young-un who wants to learn.Many thanks
for this forum btw it's like getting advice from Les Paul at a guitar forum!