Re: [Harp-L] Technique u blocking

maybe not impossible to *approximate* articulation, and certainly you could
do mid tongue articulation like hard K and C sounds.  Agreed.

but..say "tah" or "dah" like Tony is asking, without a harmonica in your
mouth.  the tip of your tongue goes to the roof of your mouth on both
sounds without exception.  I'm going to stick with "impossible" for those
sounds, at least for me.

The inside of the mouth is weird though, we all know.  Maybe advanced u
blockers like Norton (and heck, maybe you?) can develop a way to
approximate the T and D sounds.  I think we can all agree that just
switching to a pucker makes it a heck of a lot easier, and Tony would do
well to experiment with pucker to solve his problem and become familiar
with the differences.