[Harp-L] Subject: Re: WHO IS THIS HARP PLAYER?---Hall & Oates: August Day 1978 (video)

Smokey: I don't actually think that is John Oates. My eyes see whoever it
is playing southpaw --button on the left, which it does look as though he's
using (unless it's a mirror image)?...and his nose looks thinner than
Oates'.  Maybe Les Thompson bore a passing resemblance then..anyone know if he's
left-handed?

Just my 02 cents (fwiw).

Very nice song I didn't know before, btw. I could hear Randy covering this.
 Hope he does.

Elizabeth

PS: just answered my own question (he IS a southpaw and in the  interview
it shows a 1972 Toots album he was on with Toots).

http://www.bassharp.com/lesthomp.htm

Did a youtube search and found this too: watch his left
forefinger...granted it's not all that easy to see, but you will if you go to  full screen.
Man, he swings!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlLGjO8MzpU

"Message: 6