[Harp-L] Mae West Play with Chromatic Harmonica

Hi List
My Wife co-wrote and stars in a play called "Oooo!", its a 95 minute comedy that pays homage to the great Mae West and the Vaudvillian era.  I am

the Musical Director and playing chromatic harmonica opposite a fine piano player.  We picked songs from the era (1930-1940) such as "Hurray for

Hollywood", "Up, Josephine", "Putting on the Ritz" and Jazzy pieces written specifically for Mae West movies such as "I Found a New Way to go to

Town" and "I'm No Angel".

I am playing into the PA , using an amp as a stage Monitor. My Gear is as follows: Gold CX-12. Chuck Gurney Crystal Mic, 1961 Kay 503A amp ( 5

watts with 1x8" speaker), 1968 Premier Reverb Tank, Tech NYC Para DI Direct Box.

The only thing not authentic about this play is my gear, but I am going for a "horn-like" sound.

We opened this past Sunday and we start at 6pm the next 3 Sundays in April. We are negotiating for a possible further run in May and June.

It is a play with music but not a musical. There are 17songs/musical cues. The space is a good size theater type of space with high ceilings

seating about 150.

Beer and wine and soft drinks are available.

My wife and I produced this event.

Tickets are $15

http://www.nuyorican.org/

It is in the heart of the East Village, New York City  (Mae was born in Brooklyn)

Nuyorican Poets Cafe
236 East 3rd Street Between Ave B & C
Reverend Pedro Pietri Way
New York City