 From: Robert Hale <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: JON KIP <jonkip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: harp-L list <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, April 7, 2013 4:09 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Be a studio musician when you're not there - Virtual Studio Musician

On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 12:45 PM, JON KIP <jonkip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> FTP is just file transfer...I think my teacher does that, I'll ask him.

Hi Jon,

I've read a little about real time collaborative recording. I'm thinking
more of recording tracks at home when distance is impractical or
cost-prohibitive. And I think I have the hardware and specs in order.

MARKETING
Locally, I would call-visit-demo my instruments to studios. Goal is to be
on their list and aware when the need arises. I see remote recording
pitched on a few musician websites. Other than that, How do I make myself
visible to those hiring? I bet word of mouth referral still plays very
strongly in this business.

And what is this category of recording called? Remote implies on-location
recording. Virtual Studio Musician??

Robert Hale
Spiral Advocate
Learn Harmonica by Webcam