From: Winslow Yerxa [mailto:winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2013 1:44 PM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] SPAH St Louis 2013 hotel

The St. Louis Renaissance Hotel building is insulated from airplane noise. I
stayed overnight there during our November 2011 site visit, and never heard
an airplane while in the building. (Compare that to our Minneapolis hotel,
which was directly under a very noisy flight path, with planes audibly
taking off and landing every few minutes.)

The Renaissance also has the facilities we need for a successful SPAH
convention. We re-visited the previous hotel and they tried hard to sell us,
but they simply don't have the right space without distributing activities
into far-flung, disconnected spaces (remember what a drag that was in
Sacramento?) and even putting up tents outdoors, and it does not flow and
connect well. Yes, it has that artificial lake and side lawn and restaurant
alley next door - all very nice indeed.

But facilities come first, and the Renaissance is very strong on facilities.
It would be great if we could have suitable facilities and beautiful,
convenient surroundings - and affordable room rates. Maybe one of these
years . . .

Winslow Yerxa
            Blues Harmonica For Dummies, ISBN 978-1-1182-5269-7 Resident
Harmonica Expert, bluesharmonica.com Instructor, Jazzschool for Music Study
and Performance