Re: [Harp-L] Dylan etc

Dylan is one of my musical hero despite the fact he is not a great harmonicacist or guitarist.  Does this mean I think he is a bad musician?  No, I think he is a good musician and maybe a very good musician, but not great a great musician.  Where he shows good sense is he gets great musicians to fill in the gapes.

________________________________
 From: Michael Rubin <michaelrubinharmonica@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Brian McInnis <bluesharpteacher@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, April 4, 2013 12:01 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Dylan etc

Just to keep the argument going, I think Dylan is a great guitarist, a
musical harmonica player with more technique than we credit him for, one of
the greatest singers that ever lived and one of the greatest songwriters
that ever lived.  No wonder you enjoy his music.

I am in agreement with Richard Hunter about Walter being at the same level
of genius as most of the masters mentioned.  I do not think Wells is at
that level.
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com