From: JersiMuse <jersimuse@xxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Richard Hunter' <turtlehill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, Apr 4, 2013 1:25 pm
Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Is Junior Wells over-rated?

No Richard, this email was not meant to send anything but my opinion.
I didn't want to be provocative, even if I introduced the email by a not-funny
joke.

I didn't neither compare musics but musicians.

In the same idea, there are a lot of classical musicians. Very few have Mozart
genius spirit.

Mozart, Bach or Coltrane, have revolutionized the music. Not only their music,
but music in general.
I know harp players tend focus only on harp players, and to think that some of
their elders are pure geniuses.
To my opinion, Little Walter or Junior Wells are far from being geniuses, and
comparing Little Walter's work to Bach's or Coltrane's sounds like a real joke.

Now, I may surprise you : I have as much fun listening to Junior Wells than to
Coltrane.
But it is not because I like his music that he is a genius.

Let me propose another example : I love Bob Dylan's music. I know he is far from
being a great guitarist (maybe one of the worst), a great singer (maybe one of
the worst), a great harp player (maybe one of the worst), he has not invented
anything new, but he has something that touches me.
I think Bob Dylan is very far from Charlie Parker's genius, and his impact on
music is tiny compared to Charlie's. But I still prefer listening to Bob Dylan.
I just try to be as honest as possible with myself.