RE: [Harp-L] Is Junior Wells over-rated?

JersiMuse wrote:

>I agree : I would say that both Junior Wells & Little Walter are over rated ah ah.
>
>Come on, we're not speaking about musicians equivalent to Mozart, Bach, Ravel, Stravinsky, Duke Ellington, Charlie Parker, John Coltrane, Pat Metheny, Michael Brecker, etc

I'm familiar with the works of all the artists named above, and I'd stack Little Walter up against any of them.

Saying that the premier improviser in the blues is inferior to Mozart or Charlie Parker is saying, in effect, that the blues--the most influential music of the 20th century--is inferior music.  I don't buy that.

But clearly this comment was meant to send the flames high, which it will.

Thanks and regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick