[Harp-L] Junior Wells-Lil Rev

Fellas,

The bottom line here is that when all of the dust has settled, the sheep
have been counted and the lost chord has been found, won't it be something
for all of us enlightened ones to have discovered that Buddha wasn't
singular but plural.

Junior Wells may have been inconsistent on a few rare occasions, but by and
large he was a giant in the land of mortals.

As a full-time national touring musician just home from three months on the
road, i ain't gonna a brag about this but, out of 45 gigs, there were a few
real duds. Or as my boy Mr Sinatra used to sing, That's Life! You'll always
find a little *farfel* in the Matzah Ball Soup.

So tonight I'll turn out the lights, put my ear phones in and scroll down
to Junior Wells-*Hoodoo Man Blues* (the third blues harp album i discovered
so long ago after Sonny Terry and Tony Glover (KRG)) and ease into the land
in-between, where dreams inspire practicing musicians like me to shoot for
the stars and strive to be so much better than we are. And know that Like
Hoodoo Man Blues, if we keep at it, we'll all get it right at least once in
our life.

Two hundred years from now, when technology has evolved and the internet
looks like a typewriter to us today, etched on the holy grail of all-time
greatest harp albums will be Junior Wells: Hoodoo Man Blues.

That don't sound half bad! So don't mess with the kid! Ha!

Sweet Dreams to all, Keep puffing and Blowing!

Lil Rev
Milwaukee, WI
www.lilrev.com