Re: [Harp-L] Is Junior Wells over-rated?

The youtube vid that Dan posted is some of the worst I've heard from Junior.  I've thought for a long time that Junior is a very underrated player.  Back in my earlier days of playing, I didn't think he was all that great.  Now I realize that he's the real deal.  His timing is impeccable and nothing is as important as timing in music.  Check out "Junior Wells and Buddy Guy - Alone and Acoustic."  That's a great album with some very good & sparse harp playing.  I would bet that it was recorded as pretty much a live record with no overdubbing and few retakes.  You really get to hear a lot of the nuances of Junior's style because none of it is masked by an amp.  I haven't listened to a ton of Junior's live music, so I'm sure there's some stuff out there that's just so-so. Just about all musicians have an off gig from time to time?