[Harp-L] bending notes

Hi.

Is there anybody who can clarify my problem with bending notes on holes 2-3. If I do manage to get down to the full bend on hole 3 I always seem to get a high pitched whistling sound accompanying it. I also cannot seem to hit the 2nd
bend by trying to lower the pitch from the 1st bend. I would also like to know if anyone in the community has enough
medical knowledge to clarify whether the fact that my vocal chords which do not close effectively at the end of a word to give a clean crisp ending to the words could be making it difficult to get these bends without having to really draw the air
quite strongly which results in hitting the pitch but with very little tone to it

                     Regards ---------- John