Re: [Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 109, Issue 83

That's right, Mike!

But it seems to me that everything you are saying goes much beyond the technical problem we was talking about.

Miles did a more complex artistical path than other musicians and this compelled him to find new way of expressing himself.

This means new languages, which means also a new jazz phraseology, always evolving with his life experience.

In every case, if you know well how to move fingers on your trumpet, you can change you language every time you need to do it.

I can't speak a good english. This means that my eloquence technic isn't so good.

I can express few, poor concepts and I do this using always the same bundle of words.

Instead you can talk very, very much better than me and this permits you to let me understand, but also permits you to talk with a child and with a university teacher.

So, you have a great english technic. The one I don't have.

To me, playing is the same matter of speaking.

I can play only few notes and by them it's very difficult for me to give you many emotions.

Shakespeare can say whatevere he wants, he can be simple or complicated, and he can give you always emotions.

That's the difference

Angelo