[Harp-L] Silverface Champ….on craigslist

Hey amp heads….

I just dropped my amp off at the consignment shop in Redwood City…CA
Here is the craigslist Ad if you are interested….sorry no shipping…
I'm not able to handle all the scams on Craigslist…  see bottom of page

I am not handling this…but you can visit the shop if you are near the SF bay area…
Sounds great for guitar…( i mean great)..but would need some tweaking to be a great harp amp
( see archives) Although Lone wolf pedal seemed to cut down on the barking…ironically…
Gelb is a great old school music store …that is being badly bruised by the new guitar center…
They do carry a full line of harps…and give me a discount = to online…
They know their pedals…and I hope they can hang.

I recently purchased a Sonny Jr avenger…which sounds great at any volume…
( how do they do that?) and now I fear no guitar…it lives up to the hype…and then some.

Thanks for recent mention of Norton…I just spent the last hour watching all the great you tubes…..
his work on the CBH Chrom is very interesting and original…bending notes…I remember why I bought one back then…
Johnny Vernazza on Guitar….You know it takes a great guitarist to make the room for a master like him to stretch out…
the musicians were all great in the knockouts….
Of course Norton's own line of clothing may not have worked as well outside of the 80's….
but at the time I was impressed with the green velvet pants and the red cumber bun  ….a world class act…all the way…just love him…
the audio on the Huntington Beach you tubes has a buzz in it…wish they could  re master this …such great sessions…
If you look for huntington beach Norton buffalo…you will find some of this evening…where you see his typical energy…
look at the intro to this song…and the end…( no harp in between)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO0bowDNFgw&feature=relmfu

the late Norton's last album seems to be finished according to his website…
9/20/2012 - "From Paradise" is now available at CD Baby, Amazon and other digital outlets. This new album featuring Norton Buffalo and George Kahumoku is also being submitted for consideration of a Grammy award!!!

I've been a fan of George Kahumoku for many years and will look forward to finding this CD….( the guy is a hawaiian slack key master).

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/msg/3272402455.html

"Keep a harp in your pocket"…best lesson I ever learned…..'

Grant Walters...