Re: [Harp-L] Update on Harrison Harmonica/SPAH Scholarship Fund

On Sep 25, 2012, at 9:21 PM, Jp Pagán <jplpagan@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> And here I thought I'd been doing a good job as SPAH "media-guy." SPAH does have a "scholarship fund," so to speak.

What I'm proposing is different than the youth scholarship. I'm more interested in discovering mature players who gig but who aren't known outside their area. Players like this live all over the place. They are very talented but for whatever reason, no one's ever heard of him (or her) . Also, unlike the SPAH youth scholarship, this would be a no-strings attached grant that covers all the expenses including food.

To avoid confusion, let's scratch the term scholarship and call it a "Grant" or perhaps a  "Fellowship." In any event I view this as a very different animal from the youth scholarship.

Bob Cohen
Writer, Internet Consultant, Teacher
w: bobjcohen.com
t: #itsabobworld