 From: Rod Ford <rodford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2012 5:23 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Harmonicas Harmonicas Harmonicas

Hi
My brother Wayne who passed away some years ago, was in fact a bass player who worked with a well known Australian Harmonica player (in Australia at least) called Horrie Dargie.
My brother Wayne developed a passion for the harmonica which continued all through his life.
In this time he collected
2 x TOMBO  Dragon-Fly Contrabass Harmonicas,
1 x TOMBO Alto Pipe Horn (Electric with volume control)
1 x HOHNER Super 64 Chromonic
1 x HOHNER Super 64 X
1 x HUANG Professional 1248 (3 chromatic octaves)
1 x HOHNER Super Chromonica (Chromatic)
1 x TOMBO Lee Oskar

I have held onto all the instruments for nearly 10 years with the pipe dream that one day I may learn to use them myself. I have a small recording studio that I thought the harmonicas might "one day" might be used in.

However as a professional drummer of 40 years, I have realized that this is one "pipe dream" that in all probability is not going to happen.

I have toured with Herb Ellis and Barney Kessel (Guitarists), Ebehardt Weber (german electric double bass), recorded with Tommy Emannuel (his first album called Pee- Wee Clarke and Friends) and Australian Jazz band called Galapogos Duck, and have a list of "pipe dreams" concerning only the drums, that would take 3 lifetimes to achieve.

In an effort to bring my "dreams" down to 2 lifetimes, I am now looking to sell these instruments, and would appreciate some feedback on what they are worth, and where the best place/places (including ebay), might be to sell them.

Rodney Ford