Re: [Harp-L] Low Chromatics

Pitches that low don't carry well without a lot of amplification.  Without a good electronics, you could not be heard playing with a group.  In the bass range, they use larger blow-only reeds and octave pairs to get just a little more punch but they still need amplification.

The higher the frequency, the more energy the sound waves can carry and vice versa.  That is why a high-pitched child's scream is so "ear-spliting" and carries so far.  It is why a well-balanced chorus has many more basses than sopranos.

Vern