Re: [Harp-L] Who's "famous" that U-blocks?

tnysteph@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
<I will say this and it is just my opinion You should have fun, there are more than one way to do <things, and thank goddess Norton Buffalo played this way.

I agree 100% with two-thirds of this statement. Yes, Norton used a u-block. Yes, you should have fun.
(You can't spell funk without fun.)

Unfortunately, there isn't always more than one way to do some things.  Every technique has strengths and limitations, and the u-block is no exception.  Learning how specific techniques work in certain situations is part of learning the instrument, and it's one of the reasons that harmonica is a lifetime study instrument.

regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick