  From: martin oldsberg
  To: Bart van Strien
  Sent: Friday, September 21, 2012 6:36 PM
  Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Three questions to the experienced busker -- many thanks

  Sure Bart, Sweden is quite safe -- as long as one stays away from the more troublesome suburbs that is: we have those nowadays. But (contrary to the US!) downtown Gothenburg and Stockholm say, the two largest cities, you can walk safely all over the place.

    Drunks on the other hand, you never know with them.

  Rigth now the weather took a serious turn for the worse so we had to postpone our debut on the streets, but next weekend is set. (Gothenburg is probably one of the world´s worst places weather wise, esp when after a totally crap summer like this -- a summer that never really arrived --  we get an exceptionally cold autumn. Why do we live here!?)

  "Busking on stage" is certainly a safer way of doing it, if that particular perspective is considered, but I hear rather depressing stories about the shrinking live music opportunities in the US and hope that´s not affecting you.

  I´ll give a report on how things turn out here.

  Cheers,
  Martin