De : harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] De la part
de Grant Walters
Envoyé : vendredi 21 septembre 2012 21:03
À : harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Objet : Re: [Harp-L] Re: Fly Me to the Moon

Jeri:

As always, I am impressed with your playing and wish I was sitting as this
cafe?.
nice group and a favorite song ?.
With a trio..sometimes it is nice to hear someone expand the boundary of
original?as you have done nicely here?.
my guess is that others might be more on board with the great improvisation
if you at least lay down the melody clearly, smoothly and with great feeling
first?then expand?for me?I say?great job?just roll back the treble?( aways)
I bet you have a very accurate and expensive mic?that really revels the
steel reeds?( just a guess) as it slightly hurt my ears on anything above
the 7 hole.  I've notice the same high ring on shure beta 58's?just needs a
slight roll back...
keep up the good work?you always inspire me to look at these great tunes..

Grant

On Sep 20, 2012, at 11:52 PM, peter lind <pjazz_peter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Jerome,
>
> I've been working on this song for a while and have been listening quite a
bit to the Ray Brown/Monty Alexander/Russell Malone version as well as Diana
Krall to remind myself of the lyrics. Sounds great to me. I know where you
are in the song. Seems like a good organic development to the solo. I've
listened to it a couple of times. I have no problem with the choice of the
"high note" in question. Seems to fit with the the music and the lyrics. I
particularly like the segment right after that from 2:11 to 2:22. There are
some places I might different choices, but overall I like it.