[Harp-L] scales and positions

been playing for about 18 months.  Of the many weaknesses that I still see
in myself as a player, I seem to have an overall lack of awareness and
comprehension regarding scales and positions.  I naturally pick up scales
(seemingly) although I don't know any, and I often play in positions other
than 1st and 2nd even though i have no idea what that even means because I
barely comprehend 1st and 2nd position.

Any discussion on these topics will be helpful for sure.  I'm also hoping
for some advice on how to practice and comprehend scales and positions
better.  I'm definitely willing to practice, but my practice habits are
dull and ineffective right now.

Thanks all.

William
Philly PA