Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 00:39:40 -0400
From: Randy Singer <randy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] VIDEO--Gregoire Maret with Herbie Hancock KKL Luzern
	3.11.2008 - YouTube
To: "harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Rob Paparozzi <chromboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,	Damien Masterson La
	<dzm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,	Daniel Cousin NYC
<drdancuz@xxxxxxxxx>

i don't know.....it must be me....i must be getting old.....I just do not
understand this sonic "dissonance" and apparent disregard for melody.  There
is technique that could be considered a "new sound" yet is it musical?
Certainly herbie and pat metheny could not be wrong in utitlizing
him......or is it a case of the emperor's new clothing?  Then again many
great masters were not quite understood when they first came out...and
history has proved the nay sayers wrong.

I love coltrane, monk, and other far outside players. But this player
confounds me.

Are there any objective standards I can apply here? Do you love it? Does it
speak to you and fill your soul?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az_WSkKM5CU&sns=em