Re: [Harp-L] Update on Harrison Harps

I think everyone should get their long waited harp or get the money back. That was an unfortunate situation.

In customizing an early one for someone, there was a huge issue with the reed screws slipping and getting stripped too easily. I called them about it. And they fixed that, but it was a HUGE production problem and very costly. Im sure that was one thing, among many that caused production problems.

I posted on here a while ago that it would cost us (Hetrick) close to 100K to to tool up to make a very limited production harmonica from scratch (very simple design). I personally know that custom screws alone are crazy expensive. I recently paid a lot to have several hundred custom coverplate screws made.

But I know that HH underpriced the harp incredibly and he hired a bunch of well known customizers to set them up which further increased costs. There was some announcements about this a while ago. They couldnt get them built fast enough and he tried to make them too perfect in my opinion.

But I'm sure he will be back and everyone will be taken care of eventually! It was just too much of an innovative idea to drop it. If you ever saw one, you would know that it was the most crazy design for a harmonica. Everything was new. Including the special vertical milled reeds and the harmonica comb (which would take us 4 or 5 hours to make to make one).

www.hetrickharmonica.com