Re: [Harp-L] triple vs quadruple reed harps

In this experiment, I tuned the draw reed to D above Middle C with the blow
reed blocked.  I then unblocked the blow reed and tuned it to A below
Middle C, and then measured the frequency of the draw reed, D.  I then
started retuning the A reed up in increments as small as 5 cents, each time
re-measuring the frequency of the D reed, which I did not alter.  The blow
reed was incrementally retuned from A below Middle C to F# above Middle C,
each time re-measuring the frequency of the D reed.  The region where the
draw D reed sounded at its highest frequency was where the blow reed was
pitched below it.  On the XB-40, every normal reed is paired with an
auxiliary reed pitched below it.

Best,
Rick