[Harp-L] Re: The Future of Blues Harmonica?

Oh no, Mik, in your dreams maybe. First, I blow out LO´s on a very tiresome level -- esp. in latter years when their quality seems to have gone down. Not proud of it, but can´t help it.
  Second, they cost at least $55-60 over here.
  Third, I was asking for a harmonica where it was possible and easy to change individual reeds -- that is w/o any customizing craftsmanship competence, like you change strings on a guitar, say.
  THEN I´d be willing to pay a whole lot more for a harmonica. A whole lot more. And the first time buyer could have the option to buy the cheaper variant with not changeable reeds etc.
  It´s not Gödel´s theorems we´re talking about here, it´s nuts and bolts and such stuff.

And don´t try to tell me that, if the pressure had been there, the R & D departments of the larger harmonica companies wouldn´t have been able to come up with an idea for this during the 150 or so years of production. (Heard of "Harrison Harmonicas"?)
  I know why they haven´t. But it´s just like the automobile industry, they´ve been going on and on with the gasoline engines, knowing very well that it is not going to last, and now, with knives to their throats they are slowly trying to cough up something different. I´ve heard it from the horse´s mouth. (I live in Volvo-town.)
  It´s not because there is some conspiracy of evil men trying to make life bad for us consumers, it´s in the nature of the economic system. (And then, fabulously enough, we have people here on the list -- who should represent an informed category of customers -- who are saying more or less that the industry should RAISE the price of harps. Jeez.)

/Martin

>Martin - Lee Oskars, at $30 a pop, are great diatonic harps(subjective opinion), and last forever(objective fact)...

"If they made a great diatonic harmonica that Lasts or where it was Possible and
even Easy to change individual reeds, I agree, $300 would be a great deal."