Re: [Harp-L] Dean Martin

Elizabeth wrote:
<When I was young I always naively believed that everyone was singing  Live
<whenever I saw them--knew nothing about dubbing or lipsynching at all.  :)

Guy van Duser, the well-known guitar virtuoso and Boston-area music producer, once said in concert that when he was just learning to play, he heard a Les Paul piece with a short delay on the guitar that made the notes sound like they were double-picked at high speed, and naively assumed that it was Paul's picking, not the delay, that produced the rapid sequence of notes.  So--you guessed it--he learned to play the part with the pick, not the delay. Lotta work, but I guess it proves the point that if you think it can be done, it can.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick