[Harp-L] correction to my suspicions about Suzuki

harmonica content: at issue here is a bit of misleading advertizing to our community
of harmonica players, specifically to Harp-L, on Harp-L.

As most of the members here, I consider Harp-L a kind of  digital "home", or "alma mater" and think more than twice about posting anything that may be unfairly inflammatory or offensive to fellow
members here. However that does not (nor should) prevent me from
responding negatively on matters that deserve an unfavorable response.
This community is strong enough to handle a real, and not only
sugar-coated discussion. The info shared here should ideally pass  an
unwritten, but assumed "test" of integrity, truth, reality - this list
is an old enough and respected enough institution, not just another list to us. So when I re-examine Brendan's vid, due to his uncharacteristic
for him, "ruddish" remark - I realize the following: initially I was
suspicious of Suzuki, not Brendan at all, and my interest was directed
at Suzuki - "the company."  Having natural respect for Brendan, as a
prominent deserving member of harmonica community, he was

"not in the picture" so to say.  Intellectual property, as an idea is dear
and near to our hearts, as artists and art lovers, not only as
"customizers" or engineers. Thus here is another point of relevance to
us on harp-l, this is not just "meta" discussion. So I went back to
re-examining the video and now available articles, as apparently
Brendan felt personally touched by my suspicion of "theft". Turns out
Suzuki is nothing to be blamed for, on contrary they are indeed moving
the progress forward. As hohner seems to want to abandon the xb40
production, patent expiring, it is indeed great that someone (Suzuki) is taking on the challenge of advancing a great idea of tripple reed
harmonica. See Brendan - I just want to get to the bottom of the truth,
just wanting to know what the reality is. I was not initially accusing
anyone - just inquiring. Upon the closer examination, though, it appears that it is
indeed you, who are being engaged in a questionable practice of
misrepresentation, to call it mildly. If we take your initial, 11:36
minute long intro of your revolutionary design, with which you go back
to 1989, as a 'stand alone" bit of advertizing - you did not find few
seconds of time to mention Scarlett, Epping or Hohner. Instead, you
appear to be the sole inventor. Now, in a real world, where we do not
make immediate research on any statement by another individual, because
we do not yet have microchips implanted in our brains to scan all the
available data and do immediate fact checking, this thing that you did
is called either false advertizing or plagiarism, when you claim someone else's fruits of intellectual, as well as physical labor. Add the poor
quality of the harps, as opposed to you playing your customized versions without any disclosure... I do believe your reedwork will make a pocket pal sound great, I give you that. Sorry to realize
that about you - until now you had my trust as an honest representative
of Suzuki, one of "our own", so to say.

Michael Korosty.
P.S. Guys, the annoying "Mik Jagger" thing got stuck with my Yahoo account
since I first joined the "internet" age in 1995 - I was naive about it
then, as well as did not want to give out my identity during those early days of the internet when nobody knew what it was yet. Some still argue that it would be wise to not disclose too much even today. In any case, I got nothing to hide, and changed it to my real name some time ago, as indeed i am not Mik Jagger, but the name still appears here - still trying to
resolve it... On the other hand, there was more than one Sonny Boy
Williamson, so I ask you for your patience...

P.P.S. See how false info leads to false assumptions - trusting Mr. Power, I
initially suspected Suzuki - today, I'd just say "Seems like an old
"universal" practice of stealing the intellectual property, currently
rampant in Asia".  Being a semitic-asian myself, trust me, my sympathy
is not unnaturally tilted towards Germans or hohner, rather towards the
truth.