Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica on "Moon River"

Thank you... Yes, I think it was probably played by George Fields. I  guess
that Satchmo simply covered the song later on.
I know Blackie has played the tune... ( A great harmonicist as well as a
true gentleman!)
Some un-expected people have been harmonica players, Ella Fitzgerald for
example...
And yes, I think Louis Armstrong was one of the best musical innovators of
the 20th Centaury, even if he wasn't a harmonica player!
Best wishes,
John "Whiteboy" Walden
Just now in:
Scotland.

 message dated 9/12/2012 6:54:05 P.M. GMT Daylight Time,