[Harp-L] Re: The Future of Blues Harmonica?

Michael Rubin, looking at the suzuki's diagram, it looks like holes 5 and 7 do not bend down on the draw, unless my interpretation is wrong. XB40 bends them all.

As to assigning character to culture or individuals - it is apparent to all, Asians themselves included, that rampant practice of stealing intellectual property by producing cheap (and not so cheap) knock-offs is a problem in Asia, and for Asia as well. It affects not only European and American companies, but Asian ones like Honda, and Suzuki btw, also. I understand your sympathy for suzuki employees - I feel the same way, and am somewhat of a fan of the company, but am not blinded by my sympathy or political correctness. Seems like the engineering is purely Hohner, with Rick Epping's name attached to it - a member of our community, btw...
I would agree that given same geo-political-socio-economic-etc circumstances, the western capitalists would do the same as Asians do, but that discussion is Meta, indeed - I was just stating a simple undeniable fact that plagiarism  "at present"  is rampant in Asian manufacturing culture and here is just another case of that. Sorry if I offended some "Asian gene" in your emotional makeup - I got some of those as well and so, I do understand your sentiment...

Mik Jagger,You state:
"Seems like an old asian practice of stealing the intellectual property
from the west, without giving credit to where the idea/ engineering came
from. "

At the risk of being meta, seems like you are assigning a character trait
to an entire culture. I would prefer you base your character assessments
on the actions of individuals.

That said, I have had all positive interactions with Suzuki employees.

What's so great about the Sub30 or different than the XB40? It's the size
of a regular diatonic harp. All of the notes can bend, I do not know where
you got the idea they cannot. It is different than the XB40 in that the 40
ebdns down a full step, whereas the Sub30 bends down one half step. Much
easier to control. In my opinion, the tone of the XB40 is very different
than a standard diatonic, whereas the sub30 is much closer to a standard
diatonic and closer than a half valved PT Gazell Seydel harp.
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com