 From: Steve Shaw <moorcot@xxxxxxx>
To: harp-l harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 4:47 AM
Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Bach & Ballad from Koei Tanaka on the SUB30 UltraBend

> Many of you will know Japanese harmonica ace Koei Tanaka from his stellar
> performance at the Sacramento SPAH festival. In addition to his jazz
> chromatic and overblow diatonic skills, he's now playing the new Suzuki
> UltraBend to a very high level. Check out these two beautiful videos:
>

> THE DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeNexBQ7u3k
>

> BACH: AIR ON A G STRING
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du33p0jOsY4
>

> Enjoy!
Just me and my personal sense of taste, I suppose, but, though I admire the guy's superb tone and technique, I found that the Bach made excruciating listening.All that swooping and bending, often taking what seemed to be an interminable time to actually reach the pitch of the note, etc... Yikes!  :-(