Re: [Harp-L] teaching tool - tongue blocking

Hi Robert

That little demonstration helped me a lot. Winslow was the pro that was
demonstrating the blocking. What I learned from that
demo was that the tongue is actually a bit in the way of the holes that you
do not want to block. So I just relaxed a bit - did not
try so hard to focus my tongue on just the holes to be blocked - and I
started getting the results I was after.

There is one caveat to demonstrations like these. Since the player -
Winslow in this case - could not receive aural feedback
with respect to how well he was blocking then these demonstrations may not
yield entirely accurate images of the tongue
placement. But it did the trick for me (got me over a learning hump) and I
would recommend this aid to any teacher or
student interested in learning to block.

MusiCal