Re: [Harp-L] Sonny Boy II & The Yardbirds

Yes, I would be inclined to say that some of the FM material has survived. Not so much their slightly anxious attempts at recreating blues standards, but rather more of what they did in the jam/psychedelic rock vein in their later period. Largely due to Peter G.
   And yes, I know he played harmonica; not too bad but not remarkable.

The Groundhogs had an occasional moment, but they were mostly destroyed -- at least in their early reincarnations -- by a seriously clumsy and un-swinging drummer. Decent harmonica, though.

Medicine Head wasn´t as I recall it a blues band in any stricter sense -- but I may be wrong? The harp player, Peter Hope-Evans went on to become a really good harmonica player, w/ Pete Townshend et al.
/Martin

Larry:
>I still like the old Peter Green Fleetwood Mac......

Brian:
>Are you familiar with Medicine Head?  Nice groove on some of their stuff!!

>Fleetwood Mac and also The Groundhogs.

<<not much of it
stands today, including The Yardbirds>>