Re: [Harp-L] Sonny Boy II & The Yardbirds

Otis Spann did one of his best recordings ever IMO with Green's " Mac " backing him .
On Sep 4, 2012, at 8:44 AM, The Iceman wrote:

I still like the old Peter Green Fleetwood Mac......

<<not much of it stands today, including The Yardbirds>>

-----Original Message-----
From: martin oldsberg <martinoldsberg@xxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, Sep 4, 2012 8:32 am
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Sonny Boy II & The Yardbirds

Can´t say that one has aged particularly well. I liked in my all- blues-embracing
period but I was so much younger then, I´m older than that now. And to some
extent wiser. Or anyway, more critical.
The British blues boom was quite aptly characterized by SBW and not much of it
stands today, including The Yardbirds
However, they did have a guitar player, by the name of Eric, who ´s not alloted
a whole lot of space but definitely shows some promise.
/Martin