[Harp-L] Harmonica in Japan

Hi All

I used to demonstrate for Tombo, back in the 1970's. I did 3 music trade shows and had several of my students win in the UK & world champs in a number of categories.

In South East Asia the schools use harmonicas in the same way that recorders are used in the UK. Their main school harp was a 3 octave slide less harp. How ever I wasn't aware of much playing in the blues style at that time, the same was true of Thailand and Malaysia. Though it may well have changed with groups like War being so popular.

Also certain styles, like those that use a lot of rhythm are inherently difficult for them as their language is a 5 tone sung language with no explosives like the B, G, D, K & T sounds.

All the best David
AKA Dr Midnight

--
Please send some reply, so I know you got this E-mail
Phone: 0207 373 0295