Re: [Harp-L] Results of HHC/ERIFAHS Informal Comb Test

Wow!  100%accuracy!  That is impressive.  Sounds like you are the person to win my $1000 wager.  If you can really do that, it would be like taking candy from a baby!

You wouldn't even have to name the material, only state whether each successive play was the same or a different material from the previous one.  Any two materials..e.g. brass & wood would be your choice.

Conditions:
- Four otherwise-identical harmonicas, two of each material.
- You keep them for a week before the test to practice with them....learn to recognize the characteristic sounds of the materials.
- Retuned by a mutually-acceptable third party.
- Reedplates switched around by Vern
- 51 plays of a ditty of your choice.
- You call "same" or "different"
- Choice among 4 harps determined by roll of a die. (5 or 6, roll again)
- Scoring and stake-holding by a mutually-agreeable third party.
- Neither one of us sees or touches the harmonicas during the test.
- If you can get 38 or more correct (>75%), you win the $1000
- If you get 37 or less correct (<75%),  I win the $1000

Vern