[Harp-L] harmonica in "A Christmas Story"

Well, David got cast as Ralphie in the Kanawha Player's production of "A Christmas Story." (I'll be Ralphie's dad, "The Old Man."). So, we went to play practice tonight and we watched the movie on the big screen, so we could get into the characters or some junk like that. I have seen that movie 20 million times and never noticed the harmonica in it. It's in the scene where the teacher takes all the goofy teeth from the kids and puts them in the desk drawer, which is teeming with other confiscated contriband. In the desk drawer are a pair of flapping, wind-up teeth. To the right of that is the harmonica. It is most surely a Hugo Rauner diatonic from the late 1930s. I thought that was so cool that they had a prewar harp in there, since the movie was set in 1940.

David Payne
www.elkriverharmonicas.com

Elk River Harmonicas Forum now available via Iphone app, www.elkriverharmonicas.com/forum