Re: [Harp-L] Combs (still)

Vern  Smith ....CONVINCED me... The comb material has NO EFECT  WHATSOEVER
on the  sound of the harmonica.. YES it might  make a difference to the
player! And the PLAYER might perceive a difference  in the sound. I simply do
not know..... I LIKE metal combs... But that is  because they do not swell
when they get wet! For YEARS my lips were ripped to  BITS by pear wood harp
combs! I do NOT want to go back to that!
THAT is why I like the dousie wood combs of MS Blues Harps,which are pretty
 well inert. I LIKE MS Blues Harps.But they are even better fitted with
custom  combs...

John "Whiteboy" Walden, just now, in bonnie Scotland.

In a message dated 10/29/2012 6:07:58 A.M. GMT Standard Time,