Re: [Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 110, Issue 49 combs again

Usually people who say that have never played a flat comb with flat reedplates. It makes a huge difference in response. Air leakage is a huge factor in response. Way more than gapping. Way more than embossing.
Gapping has a lot more to do with response than tone. Tone is mostly about air flow. Read the B-radical patent, but you can go back much farther than that.