Re: [Harp-L] Comb test, flat test

Scott Hetrick, a machinist, made me a perfectly flat piece of tool steel the size of a comb. I place the comb against the tool steel and use my light box to see if any light shows in between the comb and the steel. Its the same effect as installing it into a harp and looking for leaks. Obviously you cant test a recessed comb that way, I neglected to mention that. My test was on flat sandwich style combs made by every manufacturer.

You can also place the flat edge of the comb on a flat surface and see if there is a sticky or vacuum effect.

Good question!

Im done with this debate. Im going back to eating egg nog ice cream and watching football.

Nite!

You can also place the flat edge of the comb