Re: [Harp-L] harmonicas are not guitars

Good points of discussion. Ok, yes flat being most important agree. Like I said earlier most stock combs are not flat.

So let me revise consider the example using an acoustic guitar. Is not the hollow wood body the house of the guitar and a major factor in the sound? Now take those strings and put them on a metal national resonator guitar... Does that not make a difference in sound? If you made an acoustic guitar from that comb plastic would it really sound beautiful and vibrant?

Why isn't a comb which I think is even a more intimate part of the harmonica as its housing...why wouldn't a denser more quality difference in material make a difference in the performance and sound?  It seems very logical to me. Corian is similar in properties to plastic but it is of higher quality and more dense. There is a noticeable difference in volume and performance vs stock. I notice it, customizers notice it, customers notice it!

Do I need to send you one? ; ) grin

Sent from my iPhone