Re: [Harp-L]Comb test

I have done that.  However my analysis of the results could very well be biased.

I readily concede that there could be tiny differences detectable with sophisticated instrumentation.   However, I have never claimed that there are NO differences.  I claim that there are no PERCEPTIBLE differences. Confirming or denying this requires people in blind tests.  The basic question is whether or not comb materials affect tone enough to over-ride considerations such as cost or stability.

A mattress with a pea underneath is obviously different from one without the pea.  The question is: "Is there a princess capable of detecting the pea?"  We have tested over 50 listeners and players without finding that harmonica princess.

Vern