[Harp-L] RE: my friend Chris Michalek

He was my friend. He was a wonderful harmonica player. He had a unique
personality. He had his own demons as all of us do. Our relationship
really had little to do with the harmonica. With my being on east
coast and working from a home office, it was when he was up early to
work his dogs in AZ  when we would talk almost weekly. We were on
total different planets when it came to actual harmonica talk. I am a
blues/ rock / folk guy who has no interest in the inner workings of
harps. Chris was a jazz/fusion guy that loved the inner workings of
the harmonica and how to make them better.

I miss Chris Michalek for many reasons. None of them harmonica
related.  He was a good man. The number of fans/friends he accumulated
means nothing to me. I am a selfish man. I got what I wanted from the
dude. I wish my phone would ring again at 8 AM with him at the other
end. I am sad that that wish can never come true unless there is
Verizon in heaven.

WB