[Harp-L] Recording yourself

Zoom units are great, as Ben and Steve point out.

Fyi http://harpninja.com has a loop record function for exactly this
purpose, in the Tuning Dojo.

Review here http://www.bluesharmonica.com/harpninja

Cheers,

Paul Cohen aka Komuso Tokugawa
Shibuya-Ku
Tokyo, Japan
Skype: sonicviz
http://www.sonicviz.com
http://music.sonicviz.com/
http://harpninja.com
http://chordskilz.sonicviz.com/
Linked In: Paul Cohen
Twitter: @sonicviz @komusotokugawa @harpninja

[Harp-L] Recording yourself
4 posts by 4 authors in harp-l

I would like to record myself when practicing.  I reckon when you listen to
yourself while you're playing you might only hear what you want to hear, but

if you listen to a recording of yourself then you have no choice but to hear

what you actually played

I've got a Harp Commander III which puts out a -10dBu line-level signal
(whatever that means) which is apparently the right level for a computer
record card.  But I can't be bothered taking my computer to my music room, I

would much rather record myself onto a small digital recording device and
then play it back through my stereo.

Does anyone out there have any experience or suggestions for such a device?
I'm sure they are readily available, but I've found this list is a much
quicker and better source of info than what I can find by myself trawling
the internet

Cheers

Mike