Re: [Harp-L] Re: Recording yourself

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 11:18 AM, Richard Hunter
<turtlehill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Before you buy a recording device, ask yourself what you're going to do
> with the recordings, and what you're going to record.

Richard's assessment asks all the right questions.

I use an Olympus voice recorder on AA batteries to make easy recordings of
me and students during lessons. Easy playback, Even has a slow playback at
same pitch. (for transcribing)  I chose not to get USB
models, because there are some hand-sorting/moving advantages I prefer.

When I do need to share the audio, it goes to my soundcard via the mini
headphone out. (Use adapter to go from mono to stereo) Sounds good
over headphones/buds, too.

Olympus VN 7000 2 GB Voice recorder $30

CAUTION
With any digital device, invest a few minutes going thru ALL the commands.
Some are laid out well, some are awkward and frustrating.

Robert Hale
Spiral Advocate
Learn Harmonica by Webcam
Low Rates, High Success