Re: [Harp-L] Suzuki SUB-30 review

Be kind as this was done mostly in haste to a post on another forum...it
was early, I hadn't had any coffee, and I wasn't sure what I was going to
share, lol...But some thoughts on the SUB30 in general.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Byt79JBc2mk&feature=share&list=UU0I_IUGbbj_KunFaq4bxwQg

Having played five now (with more on the way) since August, I would wager
most players, unless they are already good at overbends, will find the
learning curve frustrating.  By this I mean they'll expect instant
gratification out of the box.  The notes are there, here for yourself, but
you have to figure out how it works and take the time to discover the do's
and don't's.  I find that since August, I can play them without making any
unwanted sympathetic reed noises, etc.

While nothing, and I mean nothing, will be a well assembled Hohner, IMO,
this is where the harp should be headed.  All the notes are there and work
as advertised when adjust to your style of play.  In the end, the pros of
an overbend Hohner outweigh the current SUB30, for me, but that is just for
me.

Mike